Monday, April 10th 2017 Themes, WordPress Themes
So, I’ve been working on this theme for much longer than expected.
A few months ago I decided that I was going to teach myself how to use/build onto the WordPress Customizer. I had Ginny designed already, and since she was a pretty simple theme, I decided that I’d use her to test out working the customizer. I was able to sit down over a weekend, thanks to tutorials by Nose Graze and Build WP Yourself, and figure out how to make everything work. After working on coding the site and then setting up the customizer I realized I had been putting off work to work on it, and that I probably shouldn’t be. So I pushed it aside and then came back to it about a week ago.
Finalizing the theme went a little slower than expected because I kept forgetting things. It’s been awhile since I’ve coded something myself, and so I got to what I thought was “finished” and realized I hadn’t included comments. At all.
It took me a few more days but she is finally ready, and I am so happy with how she turned out.